How do I convert my foreign driving licence to a Singapore driving licence?

Modified on Fri, 11 Aug 2023 at 02:18 PM

To convert your licence, you must pass a Traffic Police Basic Theory Test (BTT). You may register here via our online Student Portal or visit our Service Centre from Monday to Friday at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 4.30pm joint enrolment exercise. 

Upon passing the BTT, you may apply for conversion of your foreign driving licence in person at the TP Headquarters, located at 10 Ubi Ave 3, Singapore 408865.

If u passed BTT before, you are not required to re-sit for the BTT to convert your license. You may proceed to TP Headquarters for application of license conversion with the required documents.

Please bring along these items:

  1. Your passport + a photocopy
  2. Your NRIC/ entry permit/ employment pass/ dependent pass/ social visit pass/work permit + a photocopy
  3. A recent passport-sized colour photograph of yourself in front of a white background
  4. Original and a photocopy of a valid foreign driving licence - bring an official translation or an International Driving Permit if your licence is not in English

If your driving licence was expired or did not come with an issuance date, you must provide other supporting documents.

Course details are available here

From 14 July 2022, the Traffic Police will start a trial to allow Malaysian driving licence holders to submit their foreign licence applications online. Applicants are encouraged to submit their applications online via More information can be found within the form. 

To change FIN to NRIC number, you must update Traffic Police and our centre before your test. Otherwise, you will be disqualified from taking your BTT.

Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article